Here are some suggestions for how to keep the momentum going:
- Thank your current backers with a personal e-mail and ask them to share the project with their networks. Make it easy for them by including a share link and/or share copy.
- Post about your project several times a week on all of your social channels. Include updates about milestones you’ve reached, new goals or post about the gifts you are offering.
- E-mail all of your networks about your project once a week. Don’t overdo it, otherwise people will feel spammed. Again, include updates on your milestones, goals and direct links to gifts you’re offering.
- Send out a Press Release.
- Release new gifts midway through the project to re-engage your audience. Be sure to send an e-mail about this with a screenshot of the gift from your page. Limited time gifts are a great way to get people to contribute right away, so consider running a 3-day flash sale to create urgency!
- Run targeted Facebook ads to find new audiences.
- Join Facebook groups on Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. and attend Meetup events to spread the word even further!
- Reach out to relevant influencers, such as bloggers, and ask if they are willing to post about your project. Again, make it easy by including a share link and/or copy. If you are raising funds for a product, send them a sample and ask them if they’re willing to post a review (and if they do, make sure they include a link to your project).
- Send personal messages to people in your network via Facebook Messenger, LinkedIn, and other social platforms to ask for support.