As your project comes to a close, there is some important information you'll need as a Project Owner to wrap things up. Please carefully review this list so you know what to expect and what you'll need to act on.
If your project is successful:
- After the end of your project, PieShell will process the payments for any contributions towards your successfully reached stepping-stones.
Receipts will be e-mailed out to each contributor.
- If you have your Stripe notification settings set to notify you as well for each payment successfully processes, then you will also receive a copy of each successful payment. You can turn this off if you so choose.
- As payments are processed, some fail due to declined cards, incorrect addresses, etc. PieShell will reach out to these individuals and try to get these contributions by asking for a new card, request for them to advise their bank to not stop the payment, obtain corrected address info, etc.
- You can download a CSV file of your contributions at any time from your project Dashboard. After contributors are charged, each contribution will be marked as either successful or failed. The failed contributions will contain failure reasons.
- PieShell will spend 1 week trying to obtain corrected payment information. Any payments not processed after 1 week will be deemed lost. If you choose to move forward with those individuals yourself and try to get these payments processed, we will of course support you and will pre-process these payments, add new credit cards if contacted, etc.
- PieShell does not get involved in any gift distribution. It will be your responsibility to contact your contributors to thank them, provide info for delivery of any gifts, whether digital or physical in nature, and ensure the timing of such delivery is clear to your supporters.
- Payments that have been successfully processed will be "swept" from your Stripe account daily and will be deposited into your bank account within 2 - 7 business days. If your Stripe account is new, it will typically take 7 business days for the first payment to make it to your bank account. If this is an active Stripe account, you can expect to see payments as soon as 2 business days after successfully processed payments. Please review this Stripe documentation for any questions on payments.
If your project is NOT successful:
- All pledges will be canceled and your contributors will be notified.
- You will not owe gifts to anyone who has pledged.
- We recommend reaching out to your contributors, thanking them for their support and informing them of your next steps.
- If you'd like to relaunch on PieShell, we would welcome you back after a 30 day waiting period.
- To relaunch, you'll need to create and submit a new project.